Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Election Day Roundup: VOTE!


* 1:15 PM
I just came from Town Hall and according to the vote counter on the machine that scans your ballot only 103 people had voted before me. That is not a good turnout. Every vote counts, so please get out there and make your voice heard.

* Our neighbor on Undermountain Road, Bill Drenttel, is the brains behind the Polling Place Photo Project in association with The New York Times that is described as "a nationwide experiment in citizen journalism that encourages voters to capture, post and share photographs of this year’s primaries, caucuses and general election. By documenting local voting experiences, participants can contribute to an archive of photographs that captures the richness and complexity of voting in America." So take your camera to Town Hall today.

* I just got a "phone call" from Jack Nicholson encouraging me to vote for Hillary. I thought it was a practical joke at first. The first character of his that came to mind was The Joker from Batman. He seemed an odd actor for the Clinton campaign to choose to try to sway my vote.

* My sister who lives in White Plains, NY, just called and she was very upset. She did not understand why candidates like John Edwards and Joe Biden were still on the ballot in her voting machine. She said that Clinton was on the top line and that Obama was the fourth or fifth name. And she thought that the Clinton line seemed to be shiny and the others were not. She had already called the Board of Elections to complain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe there is a deadline for the printing of the ballots and if candidates were still in the race at the time of the deadline then their names will appear on the ballot. In CT I believe there was a random drawing of the names of the candidates as to where they would appear on the ballot. I imagine that the same is true in all states with the new voting laws. My guess is that you even have to use a certain type of paper for the ballot. In CT on the Democratic side I think Obama was at the top of the ballot and Clinton was at the bottom. Maybe the light in the polling place where your sister voted made a certain part of the ballot look brighter.