Monday, March 9, 2009

Dry Times




Update Tuesday morning
: Last night at 9 PM, Denny Jacobs called and left a message letting me know that I would have water at my house soon (I do!) but they were still trying to figure out this major break.

It seems that all of us who are fortunate enough to have town water are not so fortunate today. There is an unsolved water main break, according to Town Clerk Mary Palmer, which is leaving many townspeople high and dry (though Palmer said that the Town Hall for some mysterious reason does have water.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I just spoke with Denny Jacobs (one very devoted volunteer) and he told me that they have not been able to isolate the water main break, but they are trying to open up one big line at a time, starting with the one that goes to the school (runs down Bebe Hill road, then up Main St.). He's hoping that they'll be able to get that line running tonight so that school will be in session tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Dan Shaw said...

Thanks Kim. I just stopped in Town Hall and Pat Mechare and Tim Downs were diligently studying a map with someone from the Town of Cornwall, trying to figure it all out. They seemed optimistic and said they were filling one of the big tanks now. We're lucky to have such dedicated people in our town.