Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Sweet Smell of Success


Whenever I am invited to someone's house outside the Falls Village city limits, I head to Sweet William's Bakery for cookies to bring as a gift. (I don't bring them to people in Falls Village too often anymore after I arrived at a dinner party and three other guests had also brought Sweet William's cookies.) Without fail, baker Jason Young's desserts (especially the transcendent ginger cookies) are savored and devoured, and I feel proud to bring a gift with the "Made in Falls Village" label. One hopes that the success of Jason's business will inspire other entrepreneurs to set up shop in town. When Jason opened last winter, he never anticipated that the retail part of his business would be so successful and he has been overwhelmed by how loyal Falls Villagers have been. But it's easy as pie to support Sweet William's because Jason's personality and products are sweet as can be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I was one of the other guests bringing Sweet Williams cookies to the dinner party. why? because they are so incredibly delicious. Jason certainly has a gift when it comes to his baking and pleasing his customers. We, like everyone else, are delighted to have him in town.
Denise Cohn

Anonymous said...

What I love even more is going to a grocery store in a neighboring town and purchasing something from Sweet William's, saying to a fellow shopper, oh look, these are made in Falls Village!