Sunday, December 16, 2007

Who Knew?

Am I the last taxpayer in Falls Village to know that the town provides "free" sand to all residents for their own driveways? Am I the only person who still buys bags of sand at Lindell's? Well, no more. Yesterday, as I was off to Lindell's, a friend told me about this town policy. I didn't believe her, so I emailed the First Selectman who told me that "each household in the Town of Canaan may take two five gallon buckets of sand off the sand pile for each storm." (The sand pile is at the Town Garage on Railroad Street.) Let it snow . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And if you ask Norma or Fred at the dump, they could look out for an empty dry wall bucket (or two) to hold your sand, which will save you another trip to Lindells.

Dan Shaw said...

Thanks, Elizabeth. That is a great suggestion.

Unknown said...

That's a great resource, but just be sure you don't spill it in your trunk.... that sand contains salt.

Anonymous said...

Dan, you were definitely not the only one who didn't know! Thanks for the tip:)