Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Move On


Though I do not have the power to unearth the identities of who is commenting anonymously on this blog, I do have the power to "hide" entire postings, which is what I am about to do with "False Alarm." (I will probably restore it in a few weeks, because it serves as some sort of history lesson.)

I did not start this blog to create strife in this town and I feel at this point that the "conversation" about the new fire house is becoming counterproductive and divisive. Our volunteer firefighters who give up so much to protect us deserve better than this. If you want to know more, walk into town hall and ask to speak to Pat Mechare, call someone you know on the fire department or attend a Board of Selectmen meeting. Democracy requires participation, and it can be uncomfortable and difficult. But do we have any alternative?

4 comments:

Terry Cowgill said...

Dan,

Like Dr Frankenstein, you created a monster (albeit unintentionally). However, you handled the resulting tumult with much dignity and class.

Thanks for writing and editing this great blog. I'm sure over the course of the last month, it has eaten up more of your time than you bargained for. We should all be grateful for your dedication to a town for which you have obvious affection.

Anonymous said...

Dan,
"Our" Town's blog is a forum of grace and grit. I am grateful to you for your steadfast devotion to each through your characteristic commitment to integrity. I feel lucky to "live among you". Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Dan, I can't say it better than Dale already did. Thank you!

I hope everyone saw your post about tomorrow being the deadline to register to vote, new voters as well as unaffiliated. There are more than 200 (last I knew) unaffiliated voters just in Falls Village.

Pick a party, any party, so your vote can be counted on February 5th!

Noelle said...

Moving onward! We have buildings to build and renovate and hopefully as much passionate support as was demonstrated in the False Alarm postings will refocus to helping get the work done. Thanks Dan!